I can't believe how fast Caroline on Crack and BrandX wrote about the Magnolia Bakery preview. They posted the very next day! I, on the other hand, am very behind. Check out Caroline on Crack's post for details about the cupcake and prosecco party and BrandX for some great photos.
I was unaware of the free valet for the event, so I ended up parking a few blocks away. I'm not sure if valet will always be free, but it should be available. And if you'd prefer to just make a quick stop, there will be curbside pickup.
HC and I felt like kids in a cupcake shop (to quote Caroline on Crack) when we were told we could try anything on display.
|HC's overwhelmed by sweet choices. |
Love the idea of cupcakes in an egg carton.
(Paying tribute to HC's new love of collages on his blog)
- Banana pudding - it was fluffy and ice cream-like, minus the ice
- Brownie bites
- S'mores cupcake
- Double crust apple pie - which is one of my favorite kinds of pies and the crust on this one was amazing
- Lemon cornmeal shortbread
- Pumpkin cupcake
- The classic ice box cake
- Blueberry Jamboree ice box pie - not overbearingly sweet or heavy
- Red velvet with a chocolate cookie crust mini cheesecake - having red velvet in cheesecake form WITH a chocolate crust just blew my mind with deliciousness
- Chocolate chunk cookie
- Oatmeal cookie
- Pumpkin pecan with gingersnap crust mini cheesecake
- Red velvet mini cheesecake - it was my favorite! I couldn't resist having another piece
- Double crust apple pie
- Vanilla cupcake and chocolate cupcake - included in a lovely pastel green eco-friendly goody bag (also sold in-store). I only had a chance to take a bite of the rich dark chocolate
- White chocolate macadamia mini cheesecake - I wanted to try this so badly because it's my favorite type of cookie, but I felt guilty after having so many sweets
- Snickers ice box pie - I was told this was delicious
After having sweets for dinner, we met up with Caroline on Crack and John, so HC could their Manhattan a second shot. I had a Ginger Grant, which was refreshing. I have to rave about how fantastic the popcorn at the bar is. I went through 2 bowls, leaving HC with hardly any.
|Photo by HC|