|Ramos Gin Fizz|
If I had known what was in store for us that night, I wouldn't have ordered a bite and drink; but I can never resist tots (with spicy ketchup) and I really needed a drink after a tough day at work.
Warning: we tried the entire cocktail menu and then some, so please excuse any fuzzy photos or lack of memory...
Cocktails with Candies:
- 20,000 Leagues - a Julep created to honor the Pasadena passengers who perished on the Titanic 100 years ago. Candy: Yellow Chartreuse candy garnish
- Barrel Roll - Bols Barrel-Aged Genever cocktail. Candy: delicate paper-thin candied Campari Chip that chases away the bitterness of the drink
- Bittersweet Farewell
- Pimm's #5 - another table favorite. I found out why over the weekend: they use Rum Whistle in the cocktail
- MacArthur Park Swizzle - loved the nutmeg
- Water of Life - refreshing and love the name
- Rum Whistle - bottled alcoholic green apple and celery soda. We all loved it so much we had four...and then I brought my friend over the weekend to introduce her to the deliciousness... and then HC and I joined Caroline yesterday to help her finish her bottle
MacArthur Park Swizzle / Water of Life / Rum Whistle
- Battered Mushrooms with Mikey's Ranch - crispy and not too oily, unlike the Portobello Fries at Bottega Louie
- Dim Sum Shrimp Toast Sandwich
- Roasted Lamb Necks & Afghan Bread - I was surprised by the lack of game in the lamb. I liked the presentation of the bread masquerading as a napkin, but I wish the bread was in strips or something else easier to break apart to eat with the lamb
- Pork Belly, Cured, Pressed & Crisped
With well-crafted cocktails and tasty food (I will always return to a bar that serves good tots), 1886 is quickly becoming my new favorite bar.
Kings of Convenience - Misread
* Cocktail details from The Raymond press release.