Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sound Bites 5.0: Osteria La Buca @ Mid-City LA

I first heard of Osteria La Buca when I read about the co-owner's mother leaving to start up Osteria Mamma.  I've driven by Osteria La Buca so many times and finally got the chance to try the food when I was invited by HC and Dan Cox last month when the restaurant was painted pink to promote National Breast Cancer Awareness. 
An electric motorcycle is used to make food deliveries. (Photo by Julie Wolfson via LAist)

My Favorites:
  • Pink Italian Rose Sangria - light and refreshing cocktail
  • Burrata, Prosciutto, Heirloom Tomatoes - I couldn't stop eating the tomatoes and who doesn't like prosciutto? 
  • Garlic Roasted Kale, Tomato, Fig Flat Bread Pizza - the kale was so tasty, I wish each slice had more of it.  The fig was a sweet surprise
  • Osso Buco Risotto - is a lot for one person to eat, but great for sharing family style
  • Tiramisu - was surprisingly light and I adored the topping design
    tiramisu
    Photo by Jennio

More:
Dishing Up Delights
EstarLA
Green LA Girl
Hungry Hungry Hanh

No comments:

Post a Comment