Friday, November 26, 2010

Sound Bites 6.0: Momfuku Milk Bar @ Manhattan, NY

I had to come here after hearing so much about it.  We picked up our snacks and ordered a few cocktails from the bar and enjoyed them on the mezzanine floor of Chambers hotel

What I tried:
  • Blueberry & Cream Cookie - which was my favorite out of all the sweets I tasted.  It was deliciously moist and just like having a blueberry muffin in the form of a cookie.  Plus it was still good even after a few days! (OK, I admit it, I saved this cookie for last because I already knew it was good since Kung Food Panda brought one back for me when he went to NY).  A recipe for these delectable cookies can be found here.
  • Photo by Momofuku for 2
  • Compost Cookie - aptly named seeing as it contained pretzels, potato chips, coffee, oats, butterscotch, chocolate chips.  My friend loved these cookies, so I tried it.  It was just too much for me.  I could taste a lot of the ingredients, but too much of a good thing isn't always good for my taste buds.
  • Crack Pie - one of their most talked about pastries.  I took one bite and my tongue was overwhelmed by sugar.  It was too sweet for me.  I could envision my dentist asking about my new cavities.  A recipe for this compressed sugar in a pie can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment