Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Picks from Stereogum’s 50 Most Anticipated Albums Of 2011

Photo via The Village Voice
Ok, I know Cake isn't even on the top 50 list, but I'm really excited because they haven't released a new album in 7 years!  

Here are the other bands off Stereogum's list that excite me:  

  • 02 Fiona Apple – TBA

  • 09 Cut CopyZonoscope (2/08 via Modular)

  • 10 Death Cab For Cutie – TBA (via Atlantic)

  • 13 Dr. DreDetox (February via Aftermath/Interscope)

  • 15 Foo Fighters – TBA

  • 18 Iron & WineKiss Each Other Clean (1/25 via Warner Bros.)

  • 21 Lady GagaBorn This Way (Interscope) - I've been a fan ever since I heard Bad Romance at a gay birthday party (really, all the guys were gay and knew all the lyrics to her song.  To this day, I have never seen so many well-dressed, attractive men all in one room) and on Glee.

  • 22 Lykke LiWounded Rhymes (3/1 via LL Recordings)

  • 35 Radiohead – TBA (via Teh Internetz)

  • 37 The Rome (Danger Mouse & Daniele Lupi) – The Rome

  • 38 Santigold – TBA - great first album.  Can't wait to hear more from her

  • 39 The Shins – TBA

  • 43 The Strokes – TBA - I'm hoping they incorporate some of Julian Casablancas' sound

  • 48 Kanye West & Jay-ZWatch The Throne (via Def Jam)

HONORABLE MENTIONS & SPECULATIONS:
  • Akron/Family – S/T II: The Cosmic Birth and Journey of Shinju TNT (2/8 via Dead Oceans)
  • Beck – TBA
  • Cake – Showroom Of Compassion (1/11 via Upbeat)
  • The Get Up Kids – There Are Rules (via Quality Hill Records)
  • Gorillaz – TBA
  • Jane’s Addiction – TBA

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Cake! Can't wait!

    And yes, I'm also excited for new Gaga.

    And the trust fund hipster in me is excited for new Panda Bear and Neon Indian.

    ReplyDelete