- La Brigada - spicy chicharrón, smokey mezcal, homemade agave liquer, fresh pineapple and lime served over crushed ice with a shard of frozen coconut water.
When Lacey vividly described the inspiration behind this drink (a family trip to La Paz), I was instantly transported to Hawaii and all I could think was "this tastes like a luau..." and extra chicharrón please!
La Brigada / Tranquilizer (this cup is larger than it appears)
- Tranquilizer - overproof rum and Batavia Arrack with coconut and pineapple.
HC calls it a boozier piña colada.
Not for Kids:
- Strawberry Paleta - "pop shot" made using -300°F liquid nitrogen, fresh CA strawberries, cream and rum.
I love this alcoholic dessert. I'm glad we each got our own.
- BBC - Bols Genever Basil Collins.
Reminds me of a soda...with my one of my favorite spirits.
Drinks on the Porch:
- Rosebud - homemade hibiscus liqueur, Benedictine, fresh lime juice and Reposado tequila, topped with Fever Tree’s lite tonic water.
Everyone likes a pink cocktail, says Brady. After having this and his version of a Cosmo (with hibiscus liqueur, people!), I concur.
- Pimm's #6 - Karlsson's potato vodka and their summer Pimm's recipe topped with homemade sparkling lemonade.
Pimm's #6 / Southern Belle Whistle
- Southern Belle Whistle - hand-crafted soda pop with fresh yellow peaches, floral, sweet black tea and 1886 Buffalo Trace bourbon. Sealed with bubbles in a bottle and served with a wedge of lemon.
There's a time and a place for this and it's a warm late afternoon on 1886's patio.
Something a Little Stronger:
- Xocolate - Reposado tequila, Italian vermouth, crème de cacao and a hit of Mexican mole bitters.
I was impressed by how chocolatey it tasted even though I knew it was all alcohol.
- Dutch Kills - Bols Barrel-Aged Genever, Italian vermouth, bitters and a dash of apricot liqueur.
- Yellowtail Collar "Hamachi Kama" - miso glazed, soy sauce to dip, roasted shisito peppers.
We've had this before, but I don't know what they changed because this time it was downright addictive. We were trying to pick every last piece of meat off the bone.
- Crisfield Bay Soft Shell Crab - crispy blue crab with jerk sauce and seasoning.
Lilikoi - Paula Fuga
Better photos in Caroline on Crack's post