Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sound Bites 8.0: Sweet Lady Jane @ Santa Monica

Sweet Lady Jane makes some really beautiful cakes
Every time I drove by Sweet Lady Jane in West Hollywood, I wondered what cakes filled their cute shop.  I wondered no more after HC and I were invited by their PR to try their lunch menu and some sweets at their newly opened location in Santa Monica.

What we tried:
  • Grilled cheese sandwich with gruyere on walnut wheat bread - I had never had walnut wheat, so I was excited to try it.  The cheese wasn't as melted as I thought it would be, but they certainly didn't skimp on slices (there were 4)
  • Apricot tart
  • Triple layer berry cake - highly recommended by others.  I enjoyed the plump, fresh berries

Favorites:
  • Cream of asparagus soup - was thick without being too heavy and overly creamy
  • Albacore tuna salad sandwich on rosemary bread - the bread went perfectly with the scrumptious tuna salad

What to come back for:
  • Red velvet cupcakes
  • Any kind of pie - just because I'm curious how their pies taste
  • Chocolate anything - they looked SO good.  We just didn't have the stomach space for any more food

I know this isn't food-related, but this cute dog was
wandering around our table trying to eat our scraps


More:
gas-tron-o-my

No comments:

Post a Comment