Friday, June 11, 2010

Lady Gaga's "Alejandro" Video



Hey Lady Gaga, 1995 called, they want this video back! (Videogum) 

As soon as I read that, I was thinking the same thing, but I think Ace of Base wants their song back!  Then I saw the video and realized there are a ton of references to early Madonna and even some stuff (like the stomping and coloring in that scene) that reminds me of Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation.  I don't think the video is up to par with Telephone (that video was so strange, I couldn't help but watch it more than once), but the rubber nun's habit and machine gun bra definitely stand out.  And I can see how the song is catchy, but I wonder if anyone else noticed that it sounds like something from the early 90s and isn't really that fresh or unique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment