Saturday, January 26, 2008

Wicked

FINALLY got to see this at F's urgent request since he said one of the actors was leaving. Surprisingly, I was able to get decent seats when I bought them just a few days in advance, Orchestra Left Center Row P. We were MUCH closer than I thought we would be. Makes a huge difference. The last time I was at Pantages was to see Les Mis and I was sitting in the Mezzanine. Anyways, Wicked was MUCH funnier than I thought it would be. I knew it was a different take on the original book, which was great btw, but all the changes worked well on stage, I think. Plus I liked all the twists with the other characters like the Scarecrow and Tinman. All the lines were pretty good and I heard that the original Broadway actress, Kristin Chenoweth (who is currently on Pushing Daisies), pretty much defined the role of Glinda. Knowing this definitely affected how I felt about the performance of the current Glinda actress, but she was still good in her own way. I just wish I could've seen Chenoweth on stage. I've listened to her singing on the soundtrack and it's amazing. So, fantastic show. The actress playing the Wicked Witch has an amazing voice. And F, there is no way that the singing is prerecorded. People wouldn't pay that much money to see people lip syncing on stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment