- The chill vibe and crowd.
- The amazing job Zero Waste Company did with keeping the Autry's grounds trash free
- Not Your Father's Root Beer's genius idea to get people to buy their alcoholic root beer: buy a can at the fest and bring it to their stall to get free swag.
- Pacific Sky Solar's cute mascot, Loic.
- The Big Pink's great live performance, although sometimes a bit heavy on the fog machine.
- Discovering Allah-Las' psychedelic rock. I felt like I was being transported to a summer day in the '60s with all their catchy tunes.
- Kaki King's amazing set that was part light show, part live acoustic show.
- I never associated Wavves with Thee Oh Sees and Cloud Nothings, but they proved me wrong; they were punk rawk AF. My friend described it best when she said "I love how they're playing like they're at The Smell!"
- The fun nighttime installations.
- The impressive solar panels that powered the stage. Even though performances started running late, the lights never wavered.
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
Best things from this year's inaugural Sunstock Solar Festival: