- James & York - rum, port, lime, pineapple, chesapeake & creole bitters, molasses. Tasted like a tiki drink.
- Longman & Eagle Old Fashioned - Buffalo Trace bourbon, cherry & orange & Old Fashioned bitters, Demerara sugar, citrus zest. OK, so this isn't on the menu, but it's my favorite Old Fashioned and I'm so glad Littlefork imported Dino Balocchi (of Longman & Eagle fame) from Chicago, where I first had this great version of the classic cocktail.
- Pickled Beets, Radishes, Brussels Sprouts - they're delicious and come in cute little jars. The jars line the wall behind the hostess by the entrance, so decoration and pickling are going on at same time. I wonder if the restaurant lets you buy them to take home...
- Clam Cakes - house tartar sauce.
Like fluffy little clouds. So good I got seconds.
- Chowder - clams, bacon, oyster crackers.
I liked how the soup wasn't too thick, and the potatoes and clams were just meaty enough without being overwhelming. This would be perfect on a chilly / rainy day.
- Brisket - three mustards.
The mustard drops looked like little chocolates. The brisket was tender and flavorful. It looked like a deconstructed sandwich.
- Duck Breast -braised greens, maple cider sauce.
Supple and well-seasoned. I'm glad it wasn't overly salty, which is how it tends to be at many non-Asian restaurants.
- Maple Eggs - crispy bacon.
The sweet eggs and bacon came out in fake eggshells sitting in an egg carton. Loved the presentation and the dish.
- Apple Cider Donuts - apple butter.
Clearly the crowd favorite. It looked so pretty covered in sugar crystals. So delectable with salted caramel and apple butter. I wanted the entire dish for myself.
Littlefork has a lovely patio that I can't wait to enjoy when the weather warms up. And I hope to try their new brunch menu soon.
Song Pairing: Binary Mind by Ra Ra Riot