Monday, March 1, 2010

Captain EO, "Remember...Dreams Come True" Fireworks Show @ Disneyland


Disclaimer: Okay, so I love Disneyland...a lot. I often went there when I was a kid, which eventually led to me getting a job there during college. It's one of the few places I wouldn't mind visiting alone. There's just something about the nostalgic rides and the unforgettable food that just improves my attitude for the rest of the day.

By the way, Disneyland now sells annual passes with monthly payment options ranging from $8.09 to $30.59. If you visit the park at least once a month, you already get more than your money's worth AND the passes get you discounts on food!

Anyways, I stray. So, I went to Disneyland yesterday on a free ticket, a week after I participating in the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day" program.


Captain EO Tribute

was the main thing I wanted to see at the park because it had just reopened a few days earlier on Tuesday. As soon as we entered Disneyland, my sister and I pretty much ran straight to the attraction. I was super excited because I hadn't seen it since the 90s (it ran from 1986 - 1997), and it was always a favorite. I would watch the 3D movie at least once, if not more, every time I came to the park.

I really enjoyed all the behind-the-scenes video they showed right before the start of the movie. What other film will ever have George Lucas, Francis Ford Coppola, and Michael Jackson working on the same set again?

I have to say the movie was even better than I remembered, thanks to the 70mm print, improved acoustics, and awesome 4D effects. This is a must-see for anyone who has ever been a fan of the original or of Michael Jackson. Hearing the music tracks (Michael Jackson's We are Here to Change the World and Another Part of Me as I leave the theater) brought back so many memories. Classic MJ songs, just classic.

I really wish they had sold the white rainbow shirt that Jackson was wearing in the movie because I would have bought that in a second.
(Closest thing I could find to the shirt without it being
the original vintage one sold in 1986)

It's pretty crazy to think about how my sister and I were part of the first generation of kids to see the movie and now a whole new generation will get to experience it. I really hope they keep the Captain EO Tribute for a very long time.


"Remember...Dreams Come True" Fireworks Display
Was I the only one who was kind of moved by this fireworks spectacular as it helped us board the Disneyland Railroad and took us on the same journey through the park that we took, not only earlier in the day, but throughout the times that we've visited the park? I was reduced to a childlike state of wonder as I listened to the recordings and music and watched the fireworks represent The Main Street Electrical Parade (the fireworks actually looked like one of the floats!), Enchanted Tiki Room, Indiana Jones (music epic as usual. Loved the balls of fire), Haunted Mansion (fireworks shot up all around us to create something similar to the stretching room), Pirates of the Caribbean (felt like I was caught between the battle of two ships), Matterhorn Bobsled announcement, Space Mountain, Star Tours, and more, while Tinkerbell flitted in and around the castle to signal the beginning and end of the fireworks show. It was just amazing, one of their best fireworks displays.






More:
The Untold Story of Captain EO
Fireworks details

No comments:

Post a Comment